• Announcements

• skill

Key fixes and what's to come   06/20/17

Late last night we worked on some things and discussed where we're heading update and bug fix wise.  Last night we changed the way our drop system works, along with switching and NPC pathing or pathing in general. -For a long time unlike OSRS our drop tables worked like this: Each kill you got a roll at a random chance of items.  -Instead, OSRS gives you a roll at the rare tables first, then moves on to the other items on the possible drops. That is now how our system works. -Pathing was tinkered just a bit, and it seems everything is working in order with NPC's. We will move on to PvP pathing and get it to optimal performance. -Switching is being tinkered with to mimic OSRS. We are working on this and will get it where it should be. We will be working on updates for Wild-Isle to try to get it out as soon as possible. This is where you guys come in. Reply to this thread or PM me ideas that you'd like to be seen in Wild-Isle. Also i would appreciate if i was told about ANY bug that you know about that you think needs to be fixed ASAP. Thanks everyone and we hope to see you on board with us.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clank1337

Wild-Isle Beta

18 posts in this topic

We've been working on the PvP server for quite a while and most of the work came from doing multi-world compatibility as well as allowing you to hop from world to world seamlessly, We've decided we're at a point in the server where we can start working on combat but instead of having a list of combat bugs to fix we'd like to interact with the community and sort of fixing things as we go along as we understand fixing combat 100% before a release is near impossible so we'll try our best to fix what we can in the time we have.

PvP server is now live, Use the world switcher on Lost-Isle to gain access to the other world.

Things to note:

• PvP server is much easier to make money on, Items from stalls at home have been increased in price x10
  • 4 Blood money shops that players can use to purchase higher tier weapons/armor
  • You can click any combat skill you want to set it to any level you want
  • Drop rates are x3 Lost-Isle, XP Rates are 2.5x Lost-Isle currently.
teh ali, Remi, empty slot and 1 other like this

Good shit, excited for this. 

Is blood money the same amount as on lost isle?

Will we get reset after beta or do we keep our progress?

Are untradeable items kept on death to prevent item blocking aka raggers?

Suggestions:

KBD teleport removed so you have to run from 44s (risk of a pvp server)

KBD ladder fixed

Add agressive NPC's to wildy

Add escape routes, cba typing them out lmk when you wanna add and i'll sum em up.

4 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Good shit, excited for this. 

Is blood money the same amount as on lost isle?

Will we get reset after beta or do we keep our progress?

Are untradeable items kept on death to prevent item blocking aka raggers?

Suggestions:

KBD teleport removed so you have to run from 44s (risk of a pvp server)

KBD ladder fixed

Add agressive NPC's to wildy

Add escape routes, cba typing them out lmk when you wanna add and i'll sum em up.

Thank you, glad to see your excited. We hope everyone is excited as us to get this started and going strong. 

As for your questions.... Blood money will be different rates depending on your status in game. 

Regular player: 250 per kill | Donator: 350 per kill | Extreme Donator: 500 per kill

For target kills (yes we are using the bounty hunter system) Regular: 350 | Donator: 500 | Extreme: 750

Untradable items will be kept on death but will also be tradable to other players (Fire cape, Defenders, Fighter Torso.)

NOTE: This is all subject to change depending on where things lead us.

WE DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG BETA WILL LAST AND ALL PLAYERS WILL BE RESET AFTER BETA IS OVER.

Our purpose of hosting this beta version of Wild-Isle is to find any bugs, problems etc. We will be leaning on the support of suggestions to make this the best PvP server on the block. I personally will be noting any and all suggestions. Post your suggestions on the forums or PM me or another staff member in game.

Please be patient with us for we are trying to get everything in the best shape we can get it before we release fully.

13 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Add diamond / dragon bolts to the shop, same with all sort of food and potions. Don't waste time on herblore / farming on a pvp server :(

Farming and herblore is how I made all of my money in the dead-isle betas. I understand that food and some supplys should be available in shops but we shouldn't block out content like farming, herblore, fishing and cooking all together. Super sets, prayer potions and sharks, absolutely add them to a shop. But super combats, saradomin brews ,super restores and angler fish / dark crabs, let players gather and sell those to make money. 

This way people can still pk when ever they want without trying to buy supplys but pkers who want a little more of an edge can spend extra money on the better supplys and it gives another way for players to make money :)

On 2017-6-14 at 0:00 PM, Taylor Swift said:

Add diamond / dragon bolts to the shop, same with all sort of food and potions. Don't waste time on herblore / farming on a pvp server :(

Tbh we should also get a startpack of food and potions and some gear so people can go pking straight away. Makes it more attractive to new kids

This is just dumb. Make it a pvp server or not. Not something inbetween. If we need to make our own supplies this is just going to turn out into a regular lost isle with boosted exp and better drop chances.. 

Rufus and skiller jad like this

4 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

This is just dumb. Make it a pvp server or not. Not something inbetween. If we need to make our own supplies this is just going to turn out into a regular lost isle with boosted exp and better drop chances.. 

I agree with this. I know it is just the beta but it just seems like people are wanting to do pvm and skill and not pvp.  I think there should be more shops that use coins to buy items so pkers can pk and not have to skill for all their items. 

teh ali likes this